Jun 15, 2012

Our Own Little Worlds

Jeremy continues to call our research project Bio–Cement and Brian continued to correct him.  It’s Bio-CMAT!”  Grady continues making crude comments, and Darcy continues to snap at him.  Dr. Jim always hands me coffee when I come to visit him for our daily chat, and Tariq continues to scurry around the lounge as we're getting seated for dinner, telling us to hurry the hell up because the food is getting too damn cold.  So all is same-o same-o. 
Last night as I lay in bed listening to the night crickets, I thought of the strange research assistant I had met in the field.  You people from Main Campus aren’t to cross the line,” he had said.  “You shouldn’t be here,” he had whispered.  He had warned me about Dr. Evan Bronte, as have Darcy and Jeremy and some of the others.  I am hoping that I can go the entire six months of my stay here on the island without having to meet this Dr. Bronte.  It seems that the research team stay in their own little world at the east end of the island, while we stay secluded in our own little world here on the west side, and that is fine with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment